October 29, 2011

The Church Brew Works - Hoptoberfest

The final beer of our trip to The Church Brew Works was the Hoptoberfest. The two differences between this and the Oktoberfest are the hops and the alcohol. There is a significant amount of additional hops and malt added to this brew - it is their "Americanized" version of a German classic. It is 17.0°P, 50 IBUs, and 7.0% ABV.

Overall average rating: 6.8/10

It is a clear, light amber colored beer. There is little to no aroma, just a slight hop scent. Chris says, "It smells like when you go outside on a crisp, fall day." There is a light front tongue bite, and it is an easy to drink, hoppy Oktoberfest.

Shawn- This beer is easy to drink, and I notice a slight wheat taste. Chris said it best when he referred to this as a "hoppy Oktoberfest," 6.5/10.
Angela- I really thought this would be my least favorite as I am not a fan of hoppy beers, but it is not overly hoppy at all. I find it more flavorful than the Oktoberfest, 7.5/10.
Chris- It is a hoppy version of the Oktoberfest, and a good representation of the style, though I expected more body, 6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment