December 1, 2011

Market Garden Brewery - Forest City Brown Ale

"vintage is new again!"


Our seventh beer is the Forest City Brown Ale, which is 5.5% ABV.


"Dark, malty and delicious- but also dangerously quaffable. This style ale began in 18th Century Britain, but died out as pale malts became more economial than their darker counterparts. We're reviving the tradition and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!"


Overall average rating: 6.3/10


This deep copper red beer is not very aromatic, but gives of hints of wheat and malt. There is a front tongue bite and a nuttiness in the flavor. To us, it's a brown ale that drinks like a lager.


Shawn- It lacks complexity, but the flavors are good, 5/10.
Angela- I get a roasty, chocolate taste from this beer, and I find it to be very drinkable. I just wish it had a little more body, 7.5/10.
Chris- It's not an impressive taste, but I like it better than the porter. My rating is based on this as a brown ale; it would be lower if I was rating this as a beer overall, 6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment