December 2, 2011

Market Garden Brewery - Cluster Fuggle IPA

"for the love of hops"


Our eighth beer is the Cluster Fuggle IPA, which is 7.0% ABV.


"Pale ale's not enough? Jump into our India Pale Ale, which has more malt, more hops, more of everything. Named for two of the oldest and classic English and American hops, our IPA brings this historic beer style into the 21st century."


Overall average rating: 5.25/10


This beer is a clear straw yellow color with a hint of amber. There is A LOT of citrus hop in the aroma with a little malt. There is a side tongue bite with a back of the tongue linger. You can taste the two distinct hops - the flavors aren't muddled together.


Shawn- This reminds me of Sierra Nevada Torpedo, and I don't care for the way it develops. This is very hop forward, while I prefer fruit forward, 4/10.
Angela- I am not a fan of citrusy hops, and this is very hoppy for me. To be fair, Shawn and I both agree that this isn't a bad beer, we just aren't hoppy beer fans, 4.25/10.
Chris- This is one of the few IPAs I've had where it says there are two types of hops and I can actually taste both of them. It's fairly smooth for an IPA, 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment