November 30, 2011

Market Garden Brewery - Fall Porter

"a party in your mouth"


Our sixth beer from Market Garden is their Fall Porter, which is 7.0% ABV.


"Rich and roasty toasty, but also mellow at the same time. This beer is a celebration of the seasonality of beer. SOmewhere between a Brown Ale and a Stout, this Porter will provide warmth to counter the growing nip in the air."


Overall average rating: 5.6/10


It pours a translucent light brown with a reddish hue. There is not much aroma, although it reminds us of crunchy leaves outside in the fall. The taste is thin overall with flavors of caramel, molasses, and malt.


Shawn- When I hear "porter," I think of a rich, robust beer, and this isn't. I've been a bit disappointed in the progression since the first beer, 5/10.
Angela- I think this has an interesting aroma and is very drinkable, although it isn't particularly memorable or thick and rich. It is a good late fall/early winter beer, in my opinion, 6.25/10.
Chris- I would classify this as more of a brown ale than a porter. It's not bad, but I'm not greatly impressed, 5.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment