November 18, 2011

Rogue - Mocha Porter

The next leg of our journey takes us to the Western United States beginning with Rogue Mocha Porter, a good transition from porter week, purchased at Vintage Estates.


This Oregon beer is a brewmaster signature brew and is "100% rogue". It is 13° P and has 54 IBUs.

Overall average rating: 5.6/10

It is black and completely opaque with a light mocha carbonated head. The aromas are malty hops, coffee, and citrusy hops as well as chocolate. The taste is thin with a very slight bitter chocolate finish. The hops overpower the chocolate flavor with side tongue bite that lingers on the back of the tongue.

Shawn- The flavors don't develop enough for me. There is a lot of potential in the name, but I am disapointed with the taste, 5.5/10.
Angela- I don't get a lot of the mocha aroma or flavor. Also, I find it to be drinkable because the flavors are not very strong at all, 5.25/10.
Chris- It has all the right flavors, but it is not strong, although I wish it was. It's not a bad beer and I would drink it again, 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment