January 8, 2012

J.K.'s Solstice Hard Cider Farmhouse Organic

"Give me Yesterday's Bread, this Day's Flesh, and last Year's Cyder." -Benjamin Franklin
Our first Winter ale is J.K.'s Solstice Hard Cider Farmhouse Organic purchased at Vintage Estates.


The ingredients are fresh apple juice, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and yeast - no sulfites are added. It is USDA organic and gluten free. It is 6.9% ABV.

Overall average rating: 8.9/10

It pours a straw yellow, like apple juice. It is slightly cloudy and traslucent with no carbonation. We smell apple, cinnamon, and honey. The taste is crisp and smooth, and we don't taste alcohol at all. The other flavors are very complimentary to the apple flavor. This reminds Shawn and I of the cider at White House Fruit Farm.

Shawn- This reminds me of winter even though apples are more of a fall flavor. I really didn't think I'd like ciders, but this brewery is great, 9/10.
Angela- The slight vanilla flavor gives the cider a creaminess that's very yummy, 8.5/10.
Chris- I taste at least three kinds of apples, but I expected more carbonation. Honestly though, I have to nitpick to truly find flaws with this cider, 9.25/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment