January 15, 2012

St. Peter's - Sorgham Beer

Next on our beer journey, we go overseas to England. Our first English beer is from Suffolk, UK, and is St. Peter's Sorgham Beer. (We purchased all of these beers at Vintage Estates.)


This beer uses sorghum instead of wheat or barley. It is "clean, crisp with a pilsner style lager finish and aromas of citrus and mandarin from American Amarillo hops." It comes in a green bottle (which has us a bit skeptical.. green bottles typically yield skunky beer.)

Overall average rating: 4.3/10

It pours a carbonated, golden wheat color with a white head. The aroma gives off a citrus hop, mandarin, and a sweetness (possibly rice?). The taste gives a hoppy start with a back tongue bite and a lingering hop finish.

Shawn- I bought this because I really liked the bottle, however, I wish I liked the beer as much. There is an intense hop flavor that just isn't for me, 4/10.
Angela- I could drink this, but it's not something I'd seek out. It has an intense flavor with a bit of a skunky after taste, 4/10.
Chris- The first time I had this it was skunked, but this one isn't bad, especially there's no wheat or barley. It is a good beer for someone with those allergies, 4.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment