October 18, 2011

Labatt Blue Imported

Our next Canadian beer is Labatt Blue Imported, purchased at Vintage Estates.


This was named by the fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers football team for the color of the label, and it was introduced in 1951 as Labatt Pilsener. It was also the first brand in Canada to utilize the twist-off cap. This pilsener-style lager is 5% ABV.

Overall average rating: 3.7/10

It is a clear, light yellow beer with a white head. It gives off wheat and citrusy hop (cascade?) aromas. There is a light crystal malt taste with a slight wheat flavor. It slightly bites the side of your tongue.

Shawn- I am a huge hockey fan, and unfortunately the taste of this beer reminds me of hockey games - I love hockey, but I hate the beer they sell for $7/glass. On that note, GO DEVILS!!, 3.5/10.
Angela- This is not a memorable beer; it reminds me of Miller Lite, 3.5/10.
Chris- It didn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth, 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment