October 14, 2011

Harpoon Cider

Our final cider is Harpoon Cider, purchased at Vintage Estates.


This cider is made from pure apple juice freshly pressed from a blend of local apples, including the McIntosh (a New England favorite). The label shows a red apple and also lists the nutrition facts and ingredients. The apple juice is fermented with their own yeast and is all natural with no preservatives. It is 4.8% ABV.

Overall average rating: 5.2/10

The appearance is a golden/straw color, and it is light from using only fresh pressed apples. The aroma is very apple-y with a sweet sugary finish. The guys detect Golden Delicious and a sweet apple scent. The taste is very tart, crisp, and refreshing, which is not expected based on the aroma.

Shawn- I like that the taste is tart and refreshing and is not as sweet as it smells, but it was too tart for me, 5.5/10.
Angela- I was totally wrong in the posts from earlier this week when I said I wouldn't like a sweeter cider; the tartness of this isn't doing it for me, 4.5/10.
Chris- It is definitely not as sweet as it smells, but I enjoy tart ciders so I like that it is more tart tasting, 5.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment