December 17, 2011

Ohio Brewing Co. - Jingle Bell Ale

"Spice up your holiday season!"

Next up is Jingle Bell Ale from Ohio Brewing Company purchased at Havana House.

(I cannot find a picture of this beer anywhere. There isn't even a description of it on their website.)

"In the spirit of giving we have concocted this festive holiday brew. One sip ofour slightly sweet and spice amber ale will bring joy to your heart and peace to your senses." Interestingly, the Ohio Brewing Company was founded in 1997 in Niles, Ohio, before moving to Akron. This has 25 IBUs and is 7.5% ABV.

Overall average rating: 7.1/10

This beer is a very clear red amber color. The aroma is very sweet, with honey, cherry, and a slight caramel malt scents. It reminds me of caramel candies. The taste is creamy with a slight syrupiness. It has a bubbly sweet soda finish.

Shawn- This reminds me of a cream soda, and the vanilla is a suprise. It's a little sweet for me, and I'm not sure it's truly a Christmas ale. I think the sugary richness could hold more flavor, however it is still pretty balanced, though the taste doesn't develop enough for me, 7/10.
Angela- I didn't expect the taste based on the smell, though it is a very interesting flavor. It makes me think of eating those bullseye caramels, 7/10.
Chris- It's like a red ale trying to be a Christmas ale; it should taste stronger. It's not bad, but they could do more with it, 7.25/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment