November 9, 2011

Heavy Seas - The Great Pumpkin

Our second to last pumpkin beer is Heavy Seas'  The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale from its Mutiny Fleetseries purchased at Vintage Estates.

All of the beers in the Munity Fleet are bottle-conditioned, and many are vintage dated and designed for aging. This bottle boasts "Embrace your inner pyrate and join the mutiny! It's the great pumpkin... risen at last!" This is brewed with pumpkin and spices and is 8% ABV.

Overall average rating: 7.25/10

Due to it being bottle-conditioned, it is a cloudy orange color. The aroma gives scents of pumpkin, honey, nutmeg, molasses, and coriander. The taste is like that of pumpkin pie spice. It has a side tongue bite with a nutmeg finish and a slight metallic after taste. While we smelled coriander, there was no evidence of it in the taste.

Shawn- The taste doesn't live up to the aroma. It's a good pumpkin beer, very drinkable, but I don't enjoy the metallic after taste. I would have liked to try The Great'er Pumpkin, 7.25/10.
Angela- It is very drinkable, and you can taste the spices, which I enjoy in pumpkin beers. This is not my favorite, but it is very good, 7/10.
Chris- I enjoy the hop after taste. This is one of my "go to" pumpkin beers, and I will continue to go back to it, 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment