November 1, 2011

New Holland - Ichabod Pumpkin Ale

Today's beer is New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale purchased at the Cornersburg Party Shop.

I love the label of this beer - it's exactly what you would expect from a beer with this name. The label on the neck of the bottle has a jack o' lantern eating the word "Ichabod." It is brewed with pumpkin and spices, and then spices are added again later on in the process. The "real pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg enrich this amber brew" and it should be paired with roasted poultry, root vegetables, peanut sauce, and caraway. It is 12.5°P and 5.2% ABV.

Overall average rating: 6.0/10

It is an orange/copper color with a white carbonated head. It is translucent with good lacing on the glass. There is a lot of pumpkin in the aroma, almost overwhelmingly so, with a nutmeg and cinnamon finish. The taste is somewhat metallic with flavors of spices, not really pumpkin. The finish is primarily clove.

Shawn- This has an absolutely fantastic smell that leaves me disappointed after tasting it. I am madly in love with El Mole Ocho Mexican Spiced Ale, so this left me wanting a lot more, 6/10.
Angela- It is not very spicy; I find it to be another sessionable pumpkin beer, not something I would seek out. The metallic taste kind of kills it for me, 6/10.
Chris- I expected it to taste as it smelled, but they are two distinctly different things, 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment